Saturday, August 1, 2009
To Boldly go where no one has gone before.
I don’t care who you are, EVERYONE has heard of that little show called “Star Trek”.
I love that show. Love it even more the Star Wars.
I love the characters, the stories, the messages.
I never did get interested in Deep Space Nine or the short lived “Enterprise”
DS9 was kinda boring but I think I have seen about 25% of the series and I’d like to be able to get into it.
As for Enterprise, I don’t know. I guess I keep expecting Al to show up to tell Sam why he’s leapt into this starship captain’s body.
In ranking, I believe it would fall thus
Now here is my audience participation part.
Whether you like Star Trek or don’t like it, you have to admit that a lot of people have passed through the various series to make quite a unusual collective of peoples.
Tell me in the comments below who would be your top 5 choice to hang with for a night.
Ok maybe too hard Make it your top 3 people.
Alive or Dead
that you wouldn’t mind having dinner with.
My choices would be...
1. William Shatner : Captain James Tiberius Kirk The Man, The Myth, The Legend. I have read his books and watched his shows (Boston Legal was really top shelf stuff.) I would just be giddy to meet the man much less have a drink and hang on his every word for a night.
2. Scott Bakula: Captain Jonathan Archer (Enterprise) The dude seems like a pretty cool cat and the kinda guy you can sit back and drink beer with. Plus I think you could really pick up the babes with his rugged good looks (even if he has those squinty eyes)
3. Jonathan Frakes: Commander William Thomas Riker (ST:TNG) Frakes seems like the kinda guy you can sit by a warm fire drinking port as he regales you with bawdy tale after bawdy tale. Then get up and go out and chase some tail. Smooth and sly. Has that mischievous twinkle in his eye too.
4. Ricardo Montalban : Khan Noonian Singh (Wrath of Khan) Come on. The guy was just coolness incarnate. It's too bad that he spent the last part of his life confined to a wheelchair (with Corinthian leather, no doubt). In fact, when he did his role in Spy Kids as Grandfather it was completley from his wheelchair, I guess you would have to see the movie to understand that statement.
5. Jeri Ryan : 7 of 9 (Voyager) She is hot. Forget talking. Nuff said.
But that’s me. What about you?
* Each of the three live-action Star Trek series after the original "Star Trek" (1966) has had a cameo appearance by a character from its predecessor series in its premiere episode: "Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987) had Dr. McCoy "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" (1993) had Captain Picard, and "Star Trek: Voyager" had Quark. Voyager also had William Riker, Deanna Troi, Reg Barclay, Geordi LaForge and Hikaru Sulu in guest appearances, and footage of James T. Kirk appeared in Deep Space Nine.
* There are only six actors to play the same character on three different "Star Trek" series: Jonathan Frakes (William T. Riker), Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi), Armin Shimerman (Quark), John de Lancie (Q), Michael Ansara (Kang) and Richard Poe (Gul Evek). Voyager is the only series in which all six appear.
* Production for Star Trek III was endangered by the great fire at Paramount. William Shatner helped fight the fire and rescue a crewmember before firefighter reinforcements arrived. Shatner said that his motivation for doing so was purely to save a day on the shooting schedule, as he had a make a deadline to be available for shooting on a new season of "T.J. Hooker" (1982).
* Majel Barrett, the wife of "Star Trek" creator Gene Roddenberry, has a role in Star Trek as the voice of the Enterprise computer. She completed her voice-over work in the new Trek film two weeks before her death on December 18, 2008.
* According his own diagnostics, Commander Data's data storage capacity is 800 quadrillion bits. This translates into 100 petabytes or 100 PB. For comparison purposes, the HTML content of the ENTIRE internet ca. 2005 was estimated at 1-2 PB.
* James Doohan (Scotty) lost his right middle finger during World War II. Most of his scenes are shot to hide it. However, it is very noticeable in "Catspaw". When Scotty is holding a phaser pistol on Kirk & Spock, only two fingers are holding the butt of the phase
And my favorite...
* With Star Trek Nichelle Nichols and William Shatner shared the first on-screen kiss between a black female and white male on American television. This resulted in a deluge of mail. 99% of which was positive.
My Dream Girl
She is HOT
She has a full flask of Alcohol
She has a real live tat of the Klingon Empire symbol on her chest.
where have you been all my life?
mentally regurgitated by ZomBee