Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekend Failure





Well, Friday night at about 11 the beast and I were sitting on my bed, both tip tapping through out laptops (I am still having issues with my driver and I’m getting really pissed off at it)
anyway
about 1130 all the electricity went out.
Blink. So now, we are sitting in the dark with the only light being from our screens.
Oh, joy.

We ran around the house found flashlights and lit candles. The entire section of our grid was off. So we waited until Wildcat and Princess came home and then off to bed.
I just got comfortable and was standing on the deck of a cruise ship with Jennifer Love Hewitt in a bikini (her not me) when along comes Carmen Electra and Pam Anderson and I’m thinking “THIS is going to be good!” When suddenly, Pam literally explodes in a flash of bright light. A horrible disembodied sound start cutting through the air.
Yup the electricity came back on.

Damn.

Anyway we got everything all shut off and back to beddie-bye.
I must have fallen asleep rather well because next thing I know my alarm is going off and off to work I go.
For some reason I wasn’t feeling 100%. Tired, wore out and achy.

I left work earlier then usual so I could get ready to go to an old friend of mine’s
surprise birthday party.
We were all getting ready to go and I just ran outta steam. I felt so bad. I felt bad physically (tired, kinda fluish, zero energy)
Then I got a call from my buds wife to see if we were coming to the party.
I felt like such a heel telling her that we were not going to be able to make.

I Still do.


I know I could have gone, I know I should have gone.
I just didn’t have the gumption to be able to go.
I am pretty sure I ruined the whole thing for her.
I apologized profusely to her and told her we would love to make it up to her and my friend.

Doesn’t change the fact that I still feel like a heel.




1 comment:

  1. Sometimes, no matter what, you've just got to take care of yourself. Don't worry about it too much.

    ReplyDelete

Thrill me...dripsome brain droppings here.