It’s the little things
There is a lot in life to enjoy. It doesn’t all have to be doom and gloom. There are little joys that you can experience every day.
For me my joys are rather simple:
- I live for my children’s laughter. Nothing can make me grin faster than hearing them laugh.
- My wife doing a small thing for me. Like the other day I mentioned that the apples we had were mushy and I do not like mushy apples so on the way to work she stopped at Quick Trip and picked me up a package of crisp apple slices.
- Hitting every green light.
- Not being able to breathe because your nose is stopped up so you dig into your proboscis and latch on to dried snot chain and as you pull out this monstrosity you can feel it leaving your sinus cavity. Ok that may be a bit uncouth and gross to some but you take your joy where you can get it.
- When you take a drink and you can feel the cold going all the way down.
- Warm toes
- A really good poop and when you wipe it comes away clean. Oh come on! Everyone poops. I just happen to be the guy talking about it.
- A really long episode where I just destroy everyone in my Trivia Crack queue. I really like winning but I try to be careful at how hard I beat people because I want them to come back. I really have a brain full of worthless information. Funny side note is my daughter does the same thing and blames/credits me for filling her brain with trivial knowledge.
- 3:15PM – let me elaborate. In everyone’s life, especially at work, there is that one time of the day that just crawls by. For me it about 2:20 to 3:10 and yeah I’ve narrowed it down to that close of an approximation. That is my time of the day where the clock just stops and starts moving backwards. Once I get past that roadblock it is just smooth sailing.
- A good nap. I have this rule that if I am going to take a nap on any given day then I have to be asleep before 3:30pm. Any later than that and I run the risk of interfering with going to sleep that night.
Then there is one of my rarest of joys.
A good night sleep.
I know for a fact that there is a feeling you can get where you wake up and feel rested and invigorated to start your day. I have felt this elusive animal less than a handful of times at best in my 46 years on this planet but I know it is out there.
So what do you consider to be your joy?
Tell me below.