Thursday, December 24, 2009

Crap a movie.Wipe with cash.Repeat.




Proof of Character.

Ok anyone who knows me knows that I like the star wars films. They changed my life when I was a lad. I still to this day hold them in a special place in my heart and LOVE to collect and wear vests. The scruffy scoundrel is always my favorite character no matter what movie it is.

Being as such I feel it is my obligation to point out how much worse the first 3 are then the last 3 or I mean episodes 1 through 3 sucked and episodes 4-6 were good.
This is what I want you to do (and you dont have to do it here but you can if you like)
I want you to describe for me the following Star Wars characters WITHOUT saying what they looked like, what the wore, what their profession or role in the movie was.
Describe it as if you were describing the character to someone who had no idea anything about Star Wars.

Han Solo
Qui-Gon Jinn
C3P0
Queen Amidala
Darth Vader
Darth Tyrannus

Now if you dont feel like playing this game I will boil it down for you.
For the 70s/80s group adjectives and adverbs are abundant.
For the other 3 pull out a dictionary and thesaurus and you might be able to create a coherant sentence.
This my friends is called character development.
Lucas wasn't even trying this 2nd go around.
well wasn't trying for anything except to pay for a new boat or an addition to his house.

I'm a fan.
I try to stay loyal.
sometimes they make it pretty damn hard.
-----------------------------------------------
OK I gotta admit here and now that I did not 100% come up with this initial concept.
I just happened across a series that visualized what I was thinking.

WARNING: NSFW due to language








1 comment:

  1. I'm not a big fan and have really only seen the first of each episode. Han was HOT, CP3O was shiny and Darth was scary.

    I did just see the new Star Trek movie which I really liked. It surprised me because I wasn't a big Trekkie! Saw "Avatar" in 3D yesterday and that just blew me away! Totally amazing!

    (I'm really hoping you got the DVD's you wanted this Christmas!)

    ReplyDelete

Thrill me...dripsome brain droppings here.