Tuesday, July 20, 2010

MoneyLove


I am in a melancholic mood today as I sit here at work and I pine for better days*.
Oh how wonderful it would be to not have to work for a living…
To have all the time allotted to you as a lifetime handed to you at one time and told “go forth and do”.
Now I am by no means stupid, I am well aware that the addition of large sums of cash into a person’s life CAN create as much if not more difficulties then it solves.
For those people I scoff and laugh.
They just did not do it right.
These people who have lost everything after winning the lottery were sucked in by the glitz and glamour that such a windfall can bring. They then set upon a path of serving the money instead of the other way around.
The money isn’t about what you can buy, it is about what you can DO.
To be able to free yourself from the daily yoke of life is the best gift anyone can be given.
“I have no debts.” – this means removing all debt, even perceived debt to loved ones. A thank you to your parents for having you is the least you can do.

“I have no needs” – setting up the majority of the money to work for you and provide for you. Getting a paycheck each week from the bank for 5 grand is no small thing. That’s only about $250k a year, which is a small pittance of earned interest from your hoard.

“I have no wants”- just cause you have the cash doesn’t mean you have to fill every desire. What good is life without a want? Gives you something to strive for and that makes it more worthwhile to you.

The one thing I want the most is to be able to spend the time I have left on this planet doing the things I want to do with the people I love. I want to be able to pick up and show my kids the wonders across America without having to squish it into a 1 week period and budget the time and cash to their smallest point. Just so I can rush back to my job where I spend 9 hours a day/ 5 days a week surrounded by people that get more of my time then my family does.
Let me tell you I love my family a hell of a lot more then I even like these people and look who gets the short end of the stick.

So yeah, I pine for better days. I know they aint gonna show up so I try to make the best I can of what I have.
I fall quite short most of the time.
I hate it that this happens.



*pining days are also a good reflection on days I am under medicated too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thrill me...dripsome brain droppings here.