Thursday, July 22, 2010

Flying Rats


Our building was evacuated at noon today because some bitty in the next building
saw a elevator repairman tool case and thought it was a bomb. I was standing by
the museum (across from the library?) and saw this pink thing on the ground.
Thought it was a dead bird at first. Then noticed it was a bat!
It's so young his eyes are not even open. I thought I was dead
all sprawled out but then I caught movement out of the corner of my eye.
It lifted its head and opened its mouth like in a silent scream.
I guess falling from as far as he did I would scream too.
I scooped him up and brought him into the office.
I put some water on a straw and was able to get him to swallow 1 or 2 drops.
Then I gently laid him in the box on my soft handkerchief as he slowly
(or quickly I really don't know) passed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thrill me...dripsome brain droppings here.