Monday, May 4, 2009
May the Force be with you.
May 5th is tomorrow (Cinco de mayo), but in case you don't already know, TODAY is National Star Wars Day. Since this is my 100th blog on here let me be the first to say, "May the 4th be with you!" The following are some ways we can all celebrate this most sacred of days: I have to admit some of these are mine directly and some are recommended from elsewhere.
1. Watch Star Wars. Any one or all six will make for a great Star Wars Day! If you are one of those sad people who has lived a sheltered little life and never once seen Star Wars, make it your goal to at least watch one of the six films! If there is one of the movies you dislike more than the rest, watch that one first. It may be that you just don't give it much of a chance to impress you.
2. Tell someone that, "the Force will be with them...always."
3. Become a Jedi, like your father before you.
4. Use at least 3 quotes form the saga in your daily routine. For example, "I have a bad feeling about this" or, "Laugh it up, Fuzzball" or, "You stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking, Nerf herder."(a personal favorite.)
5. Go to www.starwars.com and read one databank entry about a character you know nothing about.
6. Do or do not, there is no try.
7. Hold a discussion with someone about Star Wars. Maybe about something in the movies that just doesn't make sense to you, or that they need clarification on.
8. Join Hyperspace, the official Star Wars fan club.
9. Destroy a Death Star. Twice.
10. Use the Force to open the door at the grocery store, elevator or any other automatic device. (I do this on a daily basis; it’s a small fun one can have by themselves.)
11. Hold a toy Lightsaber duel with someone. Make LOTS of
12. Give birth to twins and name them Luke and Leia.
13. Learn to speak Huttese.
14. Jump in the passenger seat and exclaim “Punch it Chewie!”
15. Execute Order 66. (but GENTLEY)
16. Buy a Star Wars action figure.
17. Build your own Protocol droid.
18. Give your sister a passionate kiss on the mouth (ok, maybe not the best way to celebrate). 19. Read a Star Wars novel
20. Tell someone you “thought they smelled bad on the outside.” (kinda rude so make sure you are quicker or stronger then them and I don’t mean in the Force either)
21. See how many incredible smells you can discover.
22. Give in to your anger.
23. Get trained in the Jedi arts by Count Dooku.
24. Get your arm, hand or torso cut off.
25. At the drive through exclaim “Red 5 standing by!”
26. Try to sell someone Deathsticks then go home and rethink your life.
27. Talk like Yoda without getting caught, you must.
28. Let the Wookie win.
29. Write a Star Wars blog.
30. Buy something from starwarsshop.com.
31. Free a slave by cheating a Toydarian.
32. Think of the metal bikini or if so inclined WEAR the metal bikini.
33. Whistle the Cantina song incessantly. Mention how “it could be worse.”
34. Add all these Star Wars words to your spell check dictionary.
35. HAVE FUN!!! This one is the most important.
These are just some ideas on how to Celebrate National Star Wars Day. Feel free to participate any way you see fit, but make sure you remember Star Wars TODAY! and, May the 4th be with you!
mentally regurgitated by ZomBee