Saturday, January 30, 2010

This Bites


I was bitten by a zombie.
I have just enough time to write a letter saying goodbye.
------------
Blake,
I am sorry I we parted ways.
We were a good team you and I and we really had a good chance together but I blew it.
I know that now and I ask if that you can forgive an old friend one last time.

3 days ago, I was foraging and not paying enough attention to my surroundings. you always said that was my weak point.
I was bitten by a crawler hiding under a porta-potty (of all places). I know a quick amputation may have saved me but I was weak, Blake and I could not bring myself to do it. I can feel the poison as it surges through my blood and I know it is only a matter of time now. I know you are a few days behind us and I know you will check this gas station
I/they need you now more then ever.
Please you have to save the boy and the girl.
Look inside the Pepsi machine and you will find all my weapons, ammo and rations. May weapons serve you as well as they have served me.
I have caches spread out around in a 25-mile radius of here that I had set before you and I teamed up together. The girl holds my map to each one.
Take them.
Take it all and use it to survive.
The kids are locked in one of my cache strong houses. It is an abandoned meat locker 10 miles from here northwest. Follow the blacktop just out front heading north and Look for a stagecoach. The walls and doors are thick and insulated. There is enough food and clean water stashed in there for 10 people to survive about 2 months.
God it hurts Blake. It is so hard for me to get this out onto paper.
There is a group of dead that are roaming 2 east blocks of here, I figure about 20 to 25. I have seen 4 sprinters among them so be careful.
I am going to go out now and see how many I can take to Hell with me.
If I am lucky, it will be enough to help you get by.
If the grenades do not work or something happens and you see me I know you will do the right thing. Just as I know, you will do right by the boy and the girl.
Live for me my friend.
Live for the boy and girl.
Live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thrill me...dripsome brain droppings here.