Thursday, January 28, 2010

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.




I was driving in silence with the wife this morning when a question popped up in my head.

“What do you think would happen if someone injected sugar directly into someone’s veins?”

She looked at me weird.
“Well probably some kind of sugar induced diabetic shock.”

“Oh, yeah there is that.”

Pause

“I think it would cause an aneurysm.” I continued

“Do you even know what an aneurysm is?” she yelled (why is she yelling? This is not a yelling time.)

“YES, as a matter of fact, I do! I was just thinking that the sugar wouldn’t dissolve fast enough and it would cause the blood vessel to burst. Unless you used like Sweet&Low or Equal cause they have smaller grains and seem to dissolve faster anyway.”

She looked at me weird. After 20 years together I am SO used to this.

“Why are you asking me this? Who is injecting what into who?”

Then it got quiet as I formulated my train of thought. HEY SHE ASKED!
“OK follow me here...
1. I was thinking about why they haven’t created a synthetic blood yet instead of having blood drives.
2. Which led me to think about replacing someone’s blood to cleanse out any drugs and help with drug addiction. I figured 3 times would work.
3. Which made me think about an episode of CSI we watched where these quack doctor’s were injecting silicone directly into a person’s body.
4. This led me to thinking about nutrients added into the blood for pep and vigor.
5. Which led me into putting sugar directly into the system.”

Then it got REALLY quiet…

And I started thinking “I wonder which would dissolve quicker in blood, salt or sugar?”
but I kept that one to myself.






1 comment:

  1. Gotta love a convoluted, perfectly twisted mind! Would you use kosher, sea or table salt? Would confectioner's sugar melt quicker than regular sugar? Brown sugar would be the worst 'cause it sticks together ...

    ReplyDelete

Thrill me...dripsome brain droppings here.