Wednesday, October 7, 2009
SeeYa dont wanna BeYa
I used to worry about my inability to relax.
I just do not know how to!
Lay me out on a deck chair on a warm sandy beach with a gentle breeze blowing the cool scents of a green rain forest delicately across my senses…. I would still be rolling around in mindcrap.
You know mindcrap.
The stuff your brain latches onto like a dog with a squeaky toy.
The junk that bounces around your skull like a superball.
Never getting anywhere and never going away.
Sure, your mind tries to distract you by tossing in a song or two but they just are swallowed up in the tumbling.
I certainly wouldn’t mind returning to a time when life was simple.
When all I knew about were colors, multiplication tables, nursery rhymes and the Muppet show.
When I didn't know what I know now.
When all I knew was to be happy because I was blissfully unaware of all the things that should make me worried.
Therefore I have decided to resign.
I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult. I wasn’t doing much with it anyway
I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of a 5 year old again.
* I want to go to McDonald's and think that it is a four star restaurant.
* I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make ripples in a pond with rocks.
* I want to think M&M's are better than money because you can eat them.
* I want to lie under a big oak tree and watch the ants march up its trunk.
* I want to run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summer's day.
* I want to go fishing and care more about catching the minnows along the shore than the big bass in the lake.
* I want to think the world is fair.
* I want to think that a quarter is worth more than a dollar bill because it is prettier and weighs more.
* I want to think that everyone is honest and good. I want to believe that anything is possible.
* I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things in life again.
* I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, dreams, the imagination, the Tooth Fairy, a kiss that makes a boo-boo go away, making angels in the snow, and that my dad is the strongest person in the world.
So ... here's my checkbook and my car keys, my credit cards and the bills, my collections, my insurance premiums, my job, my house and the payments, my e-mail address, pager, cell phone, computer, and watch.
mentally regurgitated by ZomBee