Tuesday, December 29, 2015

So what do you want to go see?

I am a really easy going guy and while I am not an optimist I can usually find the good in just about any movie or any actor. I can find at least one thing good about any movie I have seen.
Some movies make it really hard to do this (I am looking at you Cop Out) but a lot of it stems from who they got to act in the movie.
I try not to be too judgmental because everyone can have a good day or bad day and a good script or a bad one. In fact 2 categories I have , Meh and Like are pretty much the same thing just a slight variant.
This is just a small gathering of actors who I just happen to have strong enough feelings for to make note.
 
 Despise – These actors will cause me to actively avoid a movie.
I.E.  “I’d rather stay home and watch reruns of the Mighty Morphing Power Rangers then see Knight and Day because that Diaz chick is in it”
  • Mark Wahlberg
  • Jack Black
  • Jim Carrey
  • Joaquin Phoenix
  • Marlon Brando
  • Megan Fox
  • Cameron Diaz
  • Hayden Christensen 
  • James Franco
  • Zach Galifianakis

Meh* –These actors I can go either way with. ..
I.E. “Well the premise sounds novel and it looks cool” Some of these have been on my "despise" list before but have redeemed themselves one way or another. Im looking at you Sean Penn.
  • Kristen Stewart
  • Hayden christensen
  • Jack Nicholson
  • Sean Penn
  • Kevin Hart
  • Russell Crowe
  • Reese Witherspoon
  • Leonardo DiCaprio

Like* – If they are in the movie and it sounds good well their involvement is an added bonus. This list would be the largest as most films fall into this category.
  • Tom Cruise
  • Mel Gibson
  • Jennifer Aniston
  • Brad Pitt
  • Chris Pratt
  • Nick Cage
  • Sandra Bullock
  • Jason Statham
  • Bruce Campbell 
  • Michael Fassbender

Adore – I will go see a movie just because they are in it. “Let’s go see that new Depp flick”
  • Johnny Depp
  • George Clooney
  • Denzel Washington
  • Cary Grant
  • Tom Hanks
  • Angelina Jolie
  • Will Smith
  • Liam Neeson
  • Harrison Ford
  • Hugh Jackman





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thrill me...dripsome brain droppings here.