1. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? : Write a book series.
* What's holding you back? I am not a very good story teller. I envy those people who can sit down and explain what happened in the most mundane of days and hold your attention like they were explaining the storming of the beach at Normandy. I do not have that talent. While I can see a movie of my novel in my head it gets lost coming out the fingers. Maybe it's just stuck in my elbow?
2. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? Be yourself and true to yourself from now till the end and do not sweat one lil bit what anyone else thinks. Form your own opinions, think for yourself and be your own person. You will be so much more happier that way than any other. (this is what I have told my kids from day 1.)
3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don't like and like so many things we don't do? Because life is what you make of it and to be able to do what you want, you have to have money. If you can make a life for yourself and your family that you are truly happy, want for nothing and do not need money then I envy you.
4. How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? I stopped aging in my head at 29. I continually have to ask the Wife how old I am because I can never remember but I can usually get it within a year ±.
5. Which is worse, failing or never trying? Really depends on the situation. For instance I would rather not try jumping off a cliff to see if I could fly then fail at it. Over all though it comes down to that old cliché, it's easier to ask for forgiveness then permission. You have to ask yourself which is it going to be harder to live with, always wondering might have been or regretting what was.
6. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? Unfortunately nothing. I would continue to squander away my precious moments like tap water.
7. Would you break the law to save a loved one? Seriously? I would invent a law, get it ratified into every law book from federal down to the local PTA and then bust it in half like an old piñata just to "maybe" save a loved one.
8. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? I have always wanted to live in Australia. Don't know if I believe in all that Shirley McClaine former live regeneration stuff but something has always pulled me toward there.
9. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Depends on the elevator
* Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? In my office building, very much so. Usually it takes 12 hits to get the damn thing to move, no more and no less. Sometimes you have to hit the up button to bring the down car. Other places... not really. It'll come when it comes.
10. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? Well to answer the question I guess a joyful simpleton because joy is so much harder to come by but why cany I be a joyful genius?
11. Why are you, you? No one else wanted the job.