Thursday, July 21, 2011

HomoDepoT

Posted: 03 Jun 2011 12:05 AM PDT
The American Family Association presented Home Depot's board of directors with his organization's demand that they stop funding gay pride events and other events that promote tolerance and diversity. He had a petition with about 500,000 signatures from people who've vowed to boycott the store unless it joins them in their campaign against gay people.
Home Depot Chairman Frank Blake told the AFA to take a hike, stated that Home Depot was proud of its support for diversity, and that's that.
Like all big box stores, Home Depot isn't without its problems, but today, they've shown some real backbone.



Now I am not for gay rights and I am not against gay rights.
I just don’t care enough to make a distinction.
I think a person’s sexuality is a moral matter and moral matters have absolutely no business being in anyone else’s hands but their own.
What I don’t like is anyone telling other people they just HAVE to conform to their way of thinking or else…
You have your opinion and I have mine.
You can tell me yours just as I can tell you mine.
As soon as you try and force someone to have your opinions your over all worth as a person is diminished.*









*(well unless you are a parent and the issue is like “ I have the opinion that your room needs to be cleaned” then it’s ok. I guess if you have stock over a person’s life and well being they gotta conform to your opinion as long as they want clothes and food and junk.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thrill me...dripsome brain droppings here.