Friday, April 3, 2015

poppins

Disney
Man I love Disney.
Warning you now that I have drank the Disney Kool-aid here so if you have a hate on for Disney well there are 500+ other posts on here you can read.
Like most children I was raised on Disney and the very first movie I ever saw at a theater was “Pete’s Dragon”
I would say my least favorite would have to be Bambi. Still a good story but just something about it never really clicked for me.
        Sidenote: It’s rather odd that when you do to Disneyworld or Land and see the characters walking around, it amazing how fast their movie becomes a favorite.
For my absolute favorite, wow that would be like picking a favorite kid. I really like them all, especially anything after 1963.
Aladdin is just spot on for action and humor but a lot can be said for “The Apple Dumpling Gang” and Dean Jones in “The shaggy D.A.”
“Escape to Witch mountain ranks right up there with “Bedknobs and Broomsticks” and I am not even going to touch of the Kurt Russell string of flicks.
Even Donny Osmond killing it in Mulan with “I’ll make a man out of you” is just stupendous.
But there is one movie that rides over the rest.
The pinnacle of all Disney flicks
The one with the silliest of words in it that everyone still knows 50 years later
Mary Poppins
Mary. Freakin. Poppins.
This movie is practically perfect in every way.
5 Oscars and 2 Grammys and is widely considered one of the greatest films of all time.
When people say something is timeless this is what I think of. You can watch this at any time and at any age and still enjoy it. This is what started my sincere admiration for Dick Van Dyke and I cannot picture anyone alive or dead who would be able to just kill as Mary Poppins that Julie Andrews.
I’m not going to go into great detail here obviously. At the very least you can read about it on Wikipedia.
If…no. WHEN Hollywood decides they need to “reboot” this then I will be done with movies.

Now if you will excuse me I just took a spoon full of sugar and I am off to go fly a kite because I love to laugh.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thrill me...dripsome brain droppings here.