Friday, April 24, 2015

Getting Old

My wife just loves all those murder and mayhem shows.
CSI, NCIS, law and Order.
Anything that has someone getting shot and or dismembered is fair game for her.
She will literally turn on NCIS and leave it there for the entire weekend.

Dude. I just can’t take it anymore.
I used to like those shows too but guess I am just getting old.
All of the blood and the bashing and the rapes and the racism and the scores of dead bodies.
It is just getting to be too much for me. I already know how horrible man is and can be
I don’t want to escape TO that I want to escape FROM that.

Maybe that’s why I like my fantasy so much more.
It’s further removed from all of this “ripped from the headline” crap.

I’d rather watch a dragon burn 2 scores of village innocence than watch Thomas Gibson climb into the head of this week’s neo-Nazi pedophilic serial killer.
I’d rather watch this week’s villain freeze dry the Flash then watch Mark Harmon get his man
I’d rather watch all of the biters and geeks in the Walking Dead get smooshified in various ways than watch Vincent D’Onofrio hunting for a crack head Jesus freak

Like I said, just getting old.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thrill me...dripsome brain droppings here.