Thursday, February 7, 2013

How horrible is that?

The thought process behind this escapes me…

Prayers have been said, petitions handed in, phone calls placed and pleas for a delay made, all over a decision on an issue that has rocked one of America’s most popular youth organizations: whether or not gays can join the Boy Scouts.

While I do not agree with the idea of homosexuality personally, that is the way I was raised, but at the end of the day it is really none of my business.
I have known someone from just about every orientation and you know what the most horrible thing is about being gay?
Nothing. Well except for the labels and other crap humans lay upon it of course.
Being gay doesn’t mean you are not smart or caring or able.
The Boy Scouts need leadership to teach young men on how to be young men and what that person does behind their front door is no one’s business but their own.
If there was a big push to put pedophiles into the leadership roles then yeah I agree! lets string them up and lynch them in front of town hall.
I say, you the resources available to you. If someone wants to invest their time and patience into helping your child grow to be a better person then let them. They are not going to teach your son how to accessories with a basic black cocktail dress or the differences in 15 shades of green. They just want to be a part of something bigger then themselves and maybe help someone else along the way.

How horrible is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thrill me...dripsome brain droppings here.