Saturday, July 7, 2012

Why I drink the Disney Kool-Aid.


As you may remember the whole Zombee clan went to the big WDW for a week.
One of the reasons I like Disney is each employee is there to make your experience the best it can be and boy when they get it right it is awesome.
For instance: Hotel Arcade: my niece lost her card to play the games and it had over 2000 points on it. She told the people that work there and boom an hour later they had located it and gotten it back to her.
That’s nothing.
We were at Epcot on Tuesday and we watched this neat lil show where Crush (the turtle from Finding Nemo) interacts and talks to the kids and teaches them a bit.
Cool tech and cool interaction.
Afterwards my kids decided they needed stuffed critters of Crush and his kid Squirt.
They were purchased, bagged and set in my mother’s lil cart for transport around the various countries in Epcot.
We made it through and as we were on the bus heading to the room it was discovered that that bag was missing.
Just plain gone.
This caused emotional distress to my Girl, who really wanted a memento of each experience and in a cascade effect, emotional distress to me as well.
My Boy was saddened but not as much. It’s a guy thing, I guess.
Anyway,
We left back for home on Friday I left a note and a tip in our room asking for help but nothing happened from that. Really didn’t expect it to but I had to try something.
I contacted Lost and Found a couple days later and struck out there as well.
Finally I contacted Disneyworld and explained the situation to them.
I Told them “hey we were just there and we dropped some serious coin. I explained that I understood they had no obligation at all to do anything but if they could just send me a couple of replacements that would be really nice.”
They called last night.
Talked to one of their reps there Barbara, she was ever so nice.
She just needed the SKU numbers so they knew exactly which ones to send.
No Muss.
No Fuss.
    Nothing more needed from me.
Just taking care of the customer even after the fact.

Now, everything cant be pancakes and peanut butter all the time but what we would consider as “the extra mile” or “added effort” Disney has already added that into their everyday functions.

And that is why I continue to drink the Disney Kool-Aid.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thrill me...dripsome brain droppings here.