Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Disney


Ah 7 days of drinking the Disney koolaid.
It just didn’t last long enough but, alas, all good things must come to an end.
I think that is a major flaw in the really real world.

Anyway here are some tips I picked up along the way.

  1. Do not try to vacation with any group over 4 people, 5 tops. There were 12 of us and it was just too much stress trying to get and keep everyone in one pile. Like raking leaves in a tornado.
  2. No matter how you plan or what you purchase your feet are going to hurt and hurt a lot. I don’t care if you have purchased shows made from the wings of angels with the soles made of pure full blood demon hide. The average person hikes 9 miles a day at Mousekowitz and that wears on you pretty quick. By day 3 I had to rely on my cane and I NEVER rely on my cane.
  3. The benefit of staying on Disney property is you can escape back to your room and then come back later after a swim or a nap. Yeah, that’s a pile of goofy-dung there. Yes, it is feasible that this will happen and we did manage to pull it off once. The truth is that when you get back to the room you don’t wanna go back into the crowds and the heat and the walking.
  4. Speaking of Mouse property, the average 4 person meal cost is roughly 50 bucks. That comes out to be a bare minimum of $150 bucks a day (see how I mathed right there?!) Plan accordingly. If you are staying 5 days or more their dining plan might be a good option to use.
  5. You are on vacation and have a set amount of time to invest into this place so unless you plan on moving next door to the magic kingdom and hitting it every weekend you are not going to see it all. Pick out some favorites and make sure you hit those.
  6. STOP! Take a breath. Sit down and appreciate where you are and what you see. Enjoy the details. I noticed that before I went when I would mention where I was going even perfect strangers would get this glazed look and huge smile. This is the Mecca of vacation spots! People from around the world and I mean literally AROUND the WORLD, travel to this Magic Kingdom. I was surprised to hear British accents and Australian accents and someone over here speaking Italian and someone over there with a New York accent.
So stop.
Take a breath.
Look around.
  1. If you are planning on going to Universal Studios too on your trip then just go ahead and move to a hotel nearby the park for that. It is expensive to shuttle back and forth and really eats your time up too.


Now get out of the way
the line for Splash mountain is only 60 minutes long and I gotta get my brer rabbit on.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thrill me...dripsome brain droppings here.