Sunday, January 30, 2011

I find this fascinating

Did You Know: The Regeneration Speeds Of The Human Body
Posted on November 13, 2010 by Brent Lambert

The human body is an incredible machine. Part of what makes it so impressive (apart from the concept of consciousness and self awareness) is its ability to regenerate itself. Your outer layer of skin, the epidermis (apart from the thicker dermis beneath), replaces itself every 35 days. You are given a new liver every six weeks (a human liver can regenerate itself completely even if as little as 25% remains of it). Your stomach lining replaces itself every 4 days, and the stomach cells that come into contact with digesting food are replaced every 5 minutes. Our entire skeletal structures are regenerated every 3 months. Your entire brain replaces itself every two months. And the entire human body, right down to the last atom, is replaced every 5-7 years.

The question I would love to know the answer to is this: if my brain replaces itself every two months (meaning I’ve had 210 completely new brains since the day I was born) how is it that I’m still able to have memories from when I was a young boy?

Thank you to www.feelguide.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thrill me...dripsome brain droppings here.