Friday, September 21, 2012

Thanks dad

When you are born you are born to two people who haven’t a freaking clue as to what they are doing.
There is no manual just another human being who is doing their up most best to do right by you.
You can’t help but love that person.
That is your superhero.
I know when I was growing up I remember that my dad could do no wrong by me.
He all but wore the flowing cape and shiny boots.
I remember telling him once that when I grew up I wanted to be just like him.
He responded with “I want you to be better”
Didn’t really understand it then but I do now.

My son looks to me as his superhero.
Phew that’s a lot of pressure there.
I have, unfortunately, proven to him time and time again that I am a normal human with feet of clay but I am trying.
I don’t have lofty goals for him; I just want him to be happy.
I tell him I really miss my little guy running around at groin level causing havoc with a huge grin on his face but I wouldn’t trade him for anything.
I spend time with him. We play, do homework or just chill.
I remind him each day that I love him.

He told me once that when he grew up he wanted to be just like me.
I told him “I want you to be better”



Thanks dad
Miss you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thrill me...dripsome brain droppings here.