I read …
- The world record for carrying a milk bottle on your head is 24 miles.
Why 24 miles? That seems to be an odd number.
Did a gust of wind come up and blow it off?
Were they going from point A to point B and arrived so they stopped?
Did they finally just go “Oh this is just stupid” and stop?
- The longest kiss on record was 130 hours and 2 minutes.
You have been in a lip lock for 5 days already so 10 hours into the 6th day they decide to stop?
Why? Was 131 hours just way to long? Did someone burp?
Was it a passionate kiss or did they just stand there touching lips?
Was there tongue involved?
- 13 people a year are killed by a vending machine falling on them. I understand that this is due to them rocking the machine trying to get an extra bag of fritos but if, say they are moving the vending machine to the 3rd floor and it slips and falls, does that one count too?
- It would take 150 years to drive a car to the sun.
Whose car is doing this? Marty McFly’s?
- If a family had 2 servants or less in the U.S. in 1900, census takers recorded it as "lower middle-class."
By today’s standards that’s rather indulgent, so that means everyone beneath Trump status is considered lower middle class today?
What changed though? Did the wish to save money bring about the demise of the position or did the fading out of the position change the definition of wealth?
- There are 26 calories in a Hershey Kiss however you burn 26 calories in a one minute kiss.
I think not.
- The face of a penny can hold about thirty drops of water.
It is factoids such as this one that make me wonder “What kind of free-time do some people have and just how much weed do you have to smoke to wonder about the fluid retention abilities of pocket change”
Who was this person who was so thirsty but just for 30 drops of water?
“Well I certainly don’t want to muss up a fresh cup as I am just slightly parched and my hands are just way to convenient to use.”
“well why not just pour some water on a quarter and drink that?”
“ARE YOU MAD! That’s way too much water for me to drink! I know lets try a penny!”