Friday, June 17, 2011

Medicine man



Ok so I am no longer on the anti-d medicine and have been on a A.D.D medicine for about 2 or 3 months now.
Boy it’s nice having a life again.
I don’t sleep away the weekends!
I have been active and away from the house actually doing stuff!
Why just last weekend the whole my side of the family (12 of us) met at Village inn for breakfast.
I was there and I was responsive and animated.
It was nice.
I have noticed a downside though.
For my entire life I have had an active mind.
Basically it can best be described as walking into a room covered floor to ceiling with televisions all tuned to a different channel.
This was my thought process.
From what I gather I had trained myself to be able to tune in and monitor all these TV’s at one time. I could flit from screen to screen, see what was going on and then jump to the next one.
Now days it’s like the same room but all the TV’s are off and there is only 1 13” black and white TV in the middle.
I don’t feel as smart as I used to be.
My short term memory is crap.
I can’t multitask like I used to, it takes way more concentration.
More than likely I just need to reprogram my mind to operate within these new parameters.
That’s a mighty large 40+year rut to dig out of though.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thrill me...dripsome brain droppings here.