Sunday, May 25, 2014

Just a wee note


We have a lady at my office from Scotland. She has just the lovilest lilt to her voice. I could listen to her read the phonebook and still be enraptured just by her accent.
A few months back her and I were out having a smoke and for one reason or another, I cant recall, I laid my Scottish accent on her.
"Oh that's definitely Glasgow ." was her reply. "If not Glasgow directly then one of the seaboard cities nearby."


This pleased me.
I was so happy to know that my accent is good.

I knew it was passable but maybe a bit cartoony at best.
 Then to be told that my accent is good enough that a native Scot can even tell me what part of Scotland my accent is from.

Well that just made my day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thrill me...dripsome brain droppings here.